I need to stop my treatment for three weeks
May 10, 2012
I have undetectable HIV levels. I am taking Sustiva and Combivir, but I need to stop taking them for three weeks in July because I will be travelling to a country that bans HIV travellers. How should I do this?
Response from Dr. Henry
I am surprised that you have to stop--we have patients traveling to many countries all the time. I would carefully check into that with the help of your HIV provider. If you have to stop then often would stop the Sustiva first for a week and then stop the Combivir 7-10 days later. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Ejaculation After Condom Broke Anal Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Touching Vaginal Secretions Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Get Crabs With Condom On?
- Frequent Watery Vaginal Discharge With Bad Odor
- How Long Does Azithromycin Take To Cure Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.