|tingling in hands/arms on PEP
May 8, 2012
hi doc, I have started taking PEP (kaletra and truvada) and have noticed I have been getting some tingling in my fingers/arms ... was wondering if this was a side effect and if this will go away or stay for all 28 days of treatment?!
| Response from Dr. Henry
Kaletra can cause odd nerve sensations around face or hands in some patients-usually stops quickly when meds are stopped. Standard HIV or drug related nerve problems (peripheral neuropathy) rarely would start in hands/fingers. Stress/hyperventilation can cause tingling in fingers/arms as can pinched nerves or blood vessels. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does HIV Cause Tingling In Fingers?
- Neuropathy In Hands And Arms
- Dark Bumps After Sensual Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.