pep

Hi. I started pep ( truvada and keletra) about two weeks ago under the supervision of a doctor. Everything seems to be fine until now. Now my stool is green and I have a pain in my lower back and some pain on the area around my liver? Do you think that Kaletra and Truvada can damage liver and kidney functions in 28 days? My urine is clear I usually drink plenty of water , but I have a fat liver ( cause I am a little heavy---I dont drink alcohol at all---- I DO NOT WANT TO STOP UNTIL DAY 28----however I am worried about my liver and kidneys.....do you have any idea why a person should stop pep before the 28th day?

When pxs start Kaletra + Truvada it is not unusual to have bothersome gut problems for a while--rarely does that translate in to serious liver/kidney problems within 0-4 weeks. A few simple blood and urine tests as well as brief clinical assessment are generally recommended for safety monitoring in a situation such as you describe. 28 day course is rather empiric though we generally try to reach that mark after starting PEP (post exposure prophylaxis). KH

neuropathy fast progression. help doc!
neuropathy