|neuropathy fast progression. help doc!
May 3, 2012
Doc i am experiencing burning, tingling, numbness of my sole feet and calves sometimes the legs, hands and palms and arms sometimes the upperarms and when i sleep at night, the burning sensation would involve my back, nape and back half of my head and also my lips. This started with weakness of both upper and lower extremities then burning sensation of the dorsal area of both feet and hands not including the sole and palms at first.Now it has gotten worst and involved a lot of parts of my body a month later.I also am having dry mouth for months now wherein my saliva is foamy and viscous and i have white tongue and what seems to be OHL at the sides. Before all these, i experienced 3 months chills and lowgrade fever with nasal congestion but no runny nose which subsides by itself and 2 bouts of hives. I am male 27.
1. Can peripheral neuropathy manifest in this way in hiv especially in early infection even without medication?
2. Can dry mouth present early in the infection?
3. Could the prolonged low grade fever caused my immune system to rapidly deteriorate thus causeing all these symptoms of neuropathy dry mouth and others?
4. Could this possibly lead to faster progression of the disease?
5.Have seen patients having ,more or less, the same symptoms like mine especially early in the infection?
I am so anxious and confused now doc. I am from a remote area in the philippines wherein there are no HIV specialist and neurologist so i could not get easy access to them.
Hope you can help me.
Thank you and God bless!
| Response from Dr. Henry
Your symptoms would be unusual for early HIV tested. If you are at risk it is recommended that you get tested.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Progression Of Peripheral Neuropathy Legs
- Peripheral Neuropathy How Fast Symptoms Progress
- Neuropathy Bilateral Upper Extremities
- Diarrhea After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.