Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Raspberry Ketones
May 1, 2012

Hello: I am a 60 yr old male and a 20 yr survivor of HIV. I have had my share of medical issues but now have a CD4 count of about 700 and a viral load of undetectable. There has been a lot of hype in the media thanks to Dr. Oz about the benefits of raspberry ketones to reduce visceral body fat. Is this ever been studied and if so is it a worthwhile venture or just another weight loss fad. Thanks for your help. I have limited income so do not wish to purchase if not effective. Thanks for all you do in this forum.

Response from Dr. Henry

I have seen no credible published evidence that raspberry ketones have a safe and clinically significant positive and lasting effect on body fat in HIV + persons or in the general population-if any reader knows of a published reference in a peer reviewed journal please post! KH

Previous
VIRADAY
Next
HIV and shoulder necrosis

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.