what happened to my boyfriend

Hello we are a gay couple my boyfriend just started his meds 8 days ago he is taking atripla we expected some side effects but wasn't prepaired for his groing agression he doesn't see it but I do he is lime a totally different person and it seems it all focased twords me l love him and want to make our relationship work but I don't know .what happened hs fefuses to talk to me about it and last nite was the worst I thought he waz going to hit me when I woke him up to have him take his med.is this going to be our lives or will it get better I miss my leroy I fell in love with can anyone help me

First several weeks on Atripla (usually due to the efavirenz) can be a wild ride for some patients regarding brain/central nervous system and sometimes psychiatric side effects. I would encourage him to discuss with his HIV Provider-perhaps ask permission to accompany him to his next appointment to have a discussion with his HIV doc. For most patients the very annoying side effects of efavirenz decrease over first 2-4 weeks but an unfortunate minority (? 5% or so) can have persistent annoying problems. KH

Should I take another pill?
HIV, PCOS, and Hypothyroidism