Should I take another pill?
Apr 28, 2012
Doctor, I am taking Truvada as part of my nPEP treatment, for 30 days. I got used to go to the bathroom about 20 minutes before the time of my medicine. However, last night, I had my med at 6 pm and dinner at 8. By ten, I was feeling like i needed to go to the bathroom. I hold it, but in the morning (by 9) I went and it was too soft (not diarrhea, but close to). 1. Should I repeat the dosis? 2. In general, diarrhea demands another dosis, if it happens not long after I had the pill? Thank you!
Response from Dr. Henry
Change in stools as you describe generally will not impact absorption of drugs or necessitate extra doses of Truvada. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Semen After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore Testicles After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Masturbating With A Wart On Your Hand?
- Does Stress Effect Vaginal Discharge?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.