abdominal pain and weight loss

Hi dr henry, i have been taking efavirenz/ zidolam for past 4 years, now my weight loss by 10 kg after a couple of month abdominal pain followed, my Gastroenterologist done some test including endoscopy and etc...all was fine, now my dr suggest that it might be efavirenz side effect but i don't think that is the reason,,,pls help me i'm desperate...

You dont mention what other medications and/or health problems you have. A full medical history and physical examination is needed to properly assess the likelihood that efavirenz is main cause of your gut complaints and weight loss. If those problems are relatively new (in other words if you did OK with the efavirenz for several years) then is would seem unlikely that the efavirenz suddenly started to cause those problems. Depending on where you live there are likely alternatives to efavirenz that could be tried on a trial basis to evaluate what happens to your symptoms for several months after a switch. KH

tribuss
easily bruise