gynecomastia

I am a 30 year old male 150lbs 5'8" diagnosed end of December of 2011. I have recently started Atripla, less than a Month, and I have seen great results so far in raising my CD4 count and lowering my viral load. However, after 2 weeks of being on the Medication I started to feel pain in my left nipple which has continued to get worse. My doc recommended that I have my hormone levels checked, the results showed my testosterone was a little above normal but my estrogen level was rather high. I have read the Gyno usually effects overweight men who do not take care of themselves, such as poor diet, not exercising or people who abuse steroids. I do not fall under any of these categories. My doctor has now referred me to a specialist and I know that they will recommend surgery and I know my health insurance does not cover it. Do you know of any natural supplements I can take to help with the issue? I am on a few other medications which include Humira for psoriasis, Clonazapam for epilepsy and Xanax for anxiety.

Unclear from your note whether there is much swelling in the nipple area besides the pain you have described. Nipple pain/sensitivity alone with no enlargement of breast tissue would after starting Atripla starting Atripla would be rare. Acute changes in fat distribution within 1-2 months of starting Atripla is not common-seems to occur rarely but very little published data on the topic. It may be worth waiting another several months to see if any acute changes settle down with a little more time. KH

Side Effects
Atripla and Lexapro