KALETRA/TRUVADA INTOLERANCE 70 YEARS OLD FEMALE HIV POSITIVE

Hi, my mother is a 70 years old female with an arrhythmia condition and loss of more than 10 pounds of weight since being diagnosed with erosive gastritis. Her CD4 and viral load test are not back yet but the Dr. recommended to start the treatment as soon as posibble. Now she is been taking the Kaletra/Truvada combination and she's been vomiting and presenting nauseas and diarrhea. My question is she is insiting on stoping the medication and the doctor is out of town and I don't know what to do? Should I keep giving her the meds or given her poor health condition and the gastritis I should stop them and wait for the doctor to come back? Ihave read that this are common side effects but it scares me that given her age and condition it could be dangerous for her to keep taking them. Also I'm giving her Litium and Inmunoforte.Please HELP! I'm desperate. Thanks

Usually OK to stop Kaletra/Truvada for short periods of time if having serious side effects as you have described though that very much depends on the situation. Kaletra can be hard on the stomach when starting so can be tricky if already having other health problems and taking other meds. Making sure a person is well hydrated/nourished is important in such situations. Hopefully someone from her doctor's office will be available soon to evaluate and provide guidance. KH

Expert advice needed
Human Growth Hormone (Increlex) research study, should I or should I not take part?