Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

Complera/flue like symptoms

Hi, I did switch to complera 2 days ago after years taking Sustiva, Viread and Epivir ( I was no taking atripla). I do not feel well at all, I do have a fever and body aches and headaches. I did call my provider yesterday and she did mention to take advil, I am a little worry because I truly feel pretty bad (being in bed all the time) and I do not know if this situation is normal or what to expect. The reason of my change was related to the fact that while in Sustiva, my nights were restless. My cd4= around 1350 and I have a non detectable VL.Have you seen this type of scenario when somebody starts Complera, I am reaching my doctor again on Monday, but I will apreciate your expertise in this matter. Thanks for your help, greetings from upstate NY, Dani

A small percentage of patients starting rilpivirine seem to also have some central nervous system and other side effects (including bosy aches and headaches) that are often transient. Monitoring the situation and discussing with your provider on Monday is encouraged!.You could be having som other problem develop (such as flu or other viral syndrome) complicating determination of what is going on with you. KH

strange syndrome
Cant sleep