Mar 14, 2012
my 11yr old son was on cipla tenefovir and alluvia and he has now developed acute osteo malacia the doctors say its becuase of this combo they removed the teneforvir,what can we do to relieve of the terrible pain in his bones?
Response from Dr. Henry
That is a challenge-use of vitamin D and calcium can help some but pain relief may take a while. Consultation with a bone specialist may be helfpul in extreme cases. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents, acetominophen, judicious use of narcotics for pain--all may be tried in effort to provide pain relief. KH
Nutrients for Kidney stability
Please interpret the reports
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Insertive Oral Sex
- Is Penis Discharge A Symptom Of HIV?
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Sex With A Prostitute
- Pain In Penis After Sucking Penis Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Long Does It Take For Symptoms From A Std To Show Up?
- If A Man Pulls Out Before He Comes Can I Still Get A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.