Mar 14, 2012
my 11yr old son was on cipla tenefovir and alluvia and he has now developed acute osteo malacia the doctors say its becuase of this combo they removed the teneforvir,what can we do to relieve of the terrible pain in his bones?
Response from Dr. Henry
That is a challenge-use of vitamin D and calcium can help some but pain relief may take a while. Consultation with a bone specialist may be helfpul in extreme cases. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents, acetominophen, judicious use of narcotics for pain--all may be tried in effort to provide pain relief. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Much Blood Must Be Transmitted In Order To Get Hiv?
- What's The Difference Between Mouth Ulcers And Herpes Simplex 1?
- What Can Cause Herpes False Positive?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Antibiotics Cure Syphilis?
- Treating Late Stage Gonorrhea
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.