Is it ATRIPLA-related blood pressure or something else?

Hello there Doc,

I have been concerned with the floater in one of my eyes of late. I was diagnosed three months ago and went on Atripla even before getting blood work done. Subsequently, CD4 came back at 405 and I am still awaiting VL. I have had previous exposure to CMV (as shown from labs), but it is not active. I also went to an opthamologist to check if this was CMV retinitis or retinal detachment and so forth and he dilated my pupils and assured me that it is not.

I have had higher than usual blood pressure since starting Atripla and the opthamologist attributed the resurgence of my floater (that I had to a lesser degree when neg) to circulation issues (ie., blood pressure).

Can I rest easy? Also, i do regular and active exercise and the BP has ameliorated some (around 128/88 on average), but the floater is still there.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

High blood pressure has not much of a problem with Atripla (rarely linked directly to hypertension). Floaters are fairly common in general population-again-not much link to Atripla. I would discuss with your HIV specialist and monitor your blood pressure at home regularly. KH

Finding a provider who will prescribe Egrifta
Esophogeal ulcer. Taking Reyetaz, Norvir, Truvada.