Resistance for medicines!!!

Hello Doctor! May you live thousand years. A 50 year old lady was detected Positive in Jan 2012. CD4 173, VL 188000 Medications started in last week of JAN 12,I have come to know that people develope resistance to the medicines at one point of time.Is it true?? If true how long will it take for the medicines to become ineffective.She is taking Duo Vir Ekit by Cipla

Does Banana Help in combatting the virus?

There is not as much published information about efavirenz+ zidovudine + lamivudine since that formulation not available in US or many other western countries. If taken without missing doses and initial response is good (viral level goes to undetectable) then risk for development of resistance would be low. To my knowledge consumption of bananas has not been shown to have an effect on HIV infection. KH

Do I have AIDS, or is my status HIV?
Drug side effects or just HIV symptoms