HIV immigrants

Hi, I was diagnosed since Feb 2011 here in the Philippines. Is there a possibility I can look for work abroad such as Australia, Canada or US? I see this as a dilemma due to much discrimination against people with HIV. Does the embassy automatically denies the applicant after having found out they were HIV positive. I am on medication with AZT/3TC and efavirenz. The major problem is, my urine becomes positive with the drug test. I have no choice but to disclose to the drug-test administrator my condition. Any suggestions would be of big help. Drug test is a requirement for our employment here in the Philippines.

HIV+ status is no longer the impediment to immigration or travel to the US as before. That being said, immigration to US can be a challenge and frustrating for most (with or without HIV+ infection. In US, physicians often will write a letter to employees describing how a patient is on a prescription drug that can cause false positive drug tests and that is usually effective. KH

ATRIPLA and Avascular Necrosis/Joint Pain
Cost of Atripla in South Africa