Feb 26, 2012
what is hiv 2? how long it takes to give aids? is there any medicine for it?
Response from Dr. Henry
HIV-2 is a related to HIV-1 but is much less common, limited generally to certain western regions in Africa, progresses more slowly (often less severe) to clinical disease/AIDS, is more difficult to assess (HIV-2 plasma levels not generally available) and treat (some of the key HIV-1 drugs not active against HIV-2) but there is treatment available depending on region/availability (typically a boosted protease inhibitor based regimen). KH
hello doctor i got HIV-2 !
ATRIPLA and Avascular Necrosis/Joint Pain
- Fever Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Sore Throat Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Flu Symptoms After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- How Do I Speed Up Recovery Of Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.