hello doctor i got HIV-2 !
Feb 26, 2012
hello doc, i am positive for HIV-2. what should i do? i heard there is no medicine for HIV-2, unlike HIV-1. how long HIV-2 would take to progress to AIDS doctor? will i die soon? does it kill people? can u please give me advice? regards.
Response from Dr. Henry
HIV-2 infection generally progresses slowly compared to HIV-1 (cause disease less often/more slowly). If can be treated often with a protease inhibitor based regimen such as lopinavir/ritonavir or others depending on accessibility. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Anal Warts After Blowjob Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Red Spots After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.