Feb 24, 2012
my son is on alluvia he is now having a problem with his joints cannot walk properly can we switch to attripla he is 12yrs old
Response from Dr. Henry
Aluvia (I beleive that is lopinavir/ritonavir) rarely would cause joint pain so that needs to be assessed by his doctor. Whether he could be switch to Atripla depends on past treatment history (whether he as drug resistance) and what is size is (the doses of meds in Atripla are fixed and are usually OK for an adult of normal size with good kidney function). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Getting HIV Cut In Mouth
- Could Sinus Infection Be A Sign Of Primary HIV Infection
- Is Dry Cough An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Is Fever A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Bloody Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Touching A Bloody Scab Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.