7 weeks on Raltegrivir and Truvada

Hi Dr, I started taking Isentress and Truvada 7 weeks ago today after leaving Atripla of 2 years because it made me feel stoned every day until about 2pm. Well, after 7 weeks on my new meds I feel so dizzy, off balance, fatigued, nervous and my ears ring and have a strange fullness/pressure in them on and off. Honestly, I just feel miserable. Its making me really upset because if I have to switch from this med, I only have a few options left. :( Have you heard of this happening from the combo that I'm on? Should I stick it out awhile and see if it this stuff goes away? This is just very disappointing because of all the wonderful things I heard about this new integrase inhibitor. Thanks doc, Gene

You have been unlucky to not tolerate too of the usually well tolerated regimens (but that does happen as you describe-I have observed such problems in a small number of patients)!! If you continue to have those symptoms over the next several weeks one might consider a switch to an alternative regimen if no other explanation likely. Have you discussed rilpivirine or a boosted protease inhibitor or nevirapine as anchors for your regimen with your HIV provider?? KH

5th regimen of medications
hiv meds