Atripla + Silodosin & Rash

I just started treatment (for the first time) on Atripla a little over a week ago, and besides being a little fatigued during some days, the side effects haven't been too distracting. However, a few days ago my Urologist put me on Silodosin for increased urination frequency due to what he things is an irritated prostate. Yesterday however, I started developing a bit of a rash/hives on my hands arms and kneecaps. I've left a message for my urologist to ask about the Silodosin possibly causing the rash, but he's not all that familiar with the effects of HIV drugs. I guess I'm just wondering how likely it is that the rash is due to the Atripla and not the Silodosin, as I think that'd be the preferred situation. Thanks!

In general dont recommend starting new drugs unless necessary right after beginning a new HIV regimen since it can make assessent of side effects more of a challenge. The rash is most likely due to the efavirenz in Atripla (rash fairly common and most often starts 1-2 weeks in to treatment). I would inform your HIV provider to monitor the rash situation (if due to the Atripla most often can treat through the rash). KH

PEP and lipodystrophy
atripla and kidney function