Dosage management, with the intention of minimizing side effects

How long does sustiva + truvada stay in the bloodstream? I recently read that it stays in the bloodstream for 36 hours, so it got me to thinking: If I took the pill every 30 hours vs. every 24 hours, then over time, it may help me manage the low-level side effects, and it would be more cost effective. I'm wondering if the suggestion to take the pill every 24 hours is for adherance purposes and for simplicity. I'm militant about taking my medicine, and have 100% compliance since day 1, and there's no doubt in my mind that I would be the same way with a 30 hour schedule. Apart from adherance issues, what do you think about a person taking it every 30 hours?

There is variation from person to person about the levels of the drugs in Atripla throughout the day so that there may be persons, if carefully studied (by measuring levels of drugs in blood and sometimes even in the target lymphocytes), that could dose Atripla at intervals different that the recommmended every 24 hours. That type of analysis is fairly laborious and expensive and often would likely result in data that supports the every 24 hour dosing. Every 30 hour dosing would become impractical for most patients since the dose timing would march through the day and night throughout the week. Recommend further discussion with your HIV provider. KH

periods
PEP and lipodystrophy