jock itch?

I have been living with hiv for over four years and have been on medication for the last two. Subsequently, my viral load is undetectable and my CD4 count is 825. A few weeks ago, I noticed a pinkish rash that became somewhat itchy on my left groin and upon using over the counter creams, it seemed not to go away. I was diagnosed by a doctor as having jock itch and was prescribed fluconazole. I used this medication once daily for six days. However, I still seem to notice a discoloration in the area still, although not quite as pink. There seems to be a brownish red line going up along the bottom of my scrotum where the skin meets the groin in the same area. There are also fissures along that line. It does not itch. Is this still jock itch? Could I have something else, perhaps a yeast infection? Should I be seen again by my primary care?

Seems unlikely to be due to your HIV regimen (this forum focuses on side effects of HIV treatment). Local fungal infection, chemical or sweat/friction irritation, folliculitis, and other conditions could be involved and often tough to determine (I would often seek help from a dermatologist if unable to provide any benefit). KH

unexplained knee pain and atripla
Problem with getting Atripla