unexplained knee pain and atripla

I have severe left knee pain caused by atripla, Im treated for HIV in one of the biggest aids clinics in the world, where I have contact with thousands of people taken atripla and the amount of people with severe left knee pain is very high... the side effect is so obvious that you can see 20% of the patients walking with canes. The attitude of the doctors in the clinic is that, since they don't understand the problem, it doesn't exist. I see many people with the same problem in your site (and many others) and I was surprised to see the same attitude of the doctors: since we dont understand it, is not a side effect. Help me to raise awareness in the medical community of this problem.

Thanks for posting your concern. My experience has been quite different. Our clinic has hundreds of patients on Atripla or its components without a clear pattern of knee or joint problems due to the drugs not explained by other problems including osteoarthritis, degenerative joint disease, gout, injury or other explanations that are common in the general population (esp with aging) and may be somewhat more common in HIV patients. In our clinic if a patient has a severe knee problem we would evaluate that including imaging and rheumatology and orthopedic consultation -if a drug was suspected of causing the problem we would try a trial switching to a different regimen. KH

Edurant + ABC only,
jock itch?