|Edurant + ABC only,
Feb 14, 2012
I am currently taking Edurant + ABC + TDF due to the hyper pigmentation of Emitricitabine. But I read an article of "Tenofovir Increases Risk of Irreversible Kidney Disease" today. And I wonder if its possible to stop taking TDF?
| Response from Dr. Henry
Do not recommend 2 drug regimens such as abacavir + rilpivirine (I dont use abacavir + tenofivir together much). The risk for severe renal failure from tenofovir is overall low and can be monitored-risk is higher if preexisting renal problems or risks for renal disease present. Would discuss your concern with your HIV provider. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Swallowing Precum Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Getting A Tattoo Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Topping With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.