Medications for other illness with HIV infection.

Hello Doctor

I hope to find you in the best of your health when u read this. If a person maintains an undetectable viral load and CD4 count above 300,can he or she be given the normal meds in case of common cold or fever? Can he or she lead a full life provided her family history has an average of 90 years? What should be told to the 50 year old recently diagnosed patient when she asks about her life expectency? I always tell her that we are getting a cure in the coming 5 years and with the meds she is going to live for atleast 20 more years and we can count more. I have also come across people with CD4 170 and living a very healthy life at the age of 50. Please help.

This forum focuses on side effects of HIV medications. Most HIV medications can be safely taken with short courses of over the counter cold medicines. KH

re:rheumatoid arthritis and HIV
Edurant + ABC only,