Atripla and panic

I have been using Atripla for the last 3 years and I would say my body has tolerated it very well. But lately, I am having to wake in the night in a panic. Last night, it was even deep sense of anxiety or kind of like depression or suicidal thoughts. I was aware that one of the side effect was vivid dreams which I have but during one of the dreams, I think I woke up from the dream panicking. I am down to being undetectable, CD4 585. I am more than scared now. I would be talking with my doctor today but would love to know what the options are.

In the absence of any new stresses, medications or other new factors then your panic attacks could be a delayed (not real common but possible) effect of the efavirenz in Atripla. Switching from efavirenz to another NNRTI (such as nevirapine or rilpivirine), a boosted PI (such as darunavir or atazanavir), or raltegravir would be options to consider on at least a trial if no other likely cause is identified. K H

wrinkled fingertips and toes & tingling
rheumatic atrhritis with hiv