Very Important Question about Staph Infections

Hi Doctor maybe a month or so ago i started having pain in my left nostril my sister had the exact same pain, it hurts and is tender to touch it became red after touching it over and o over. long story short it went away then i wake up this morning and i have pain in my right nostril same symptoms and i asked my sister is hers affected again and she said yes, what could this be symptoms of? Every time i google it i see things on Staph Infection could that be what it is? Im certain it has nothing to do with my HIV but i don't want to waste money in the ER if it's not serious. Thanks DH

Infections that are like pimples/boils are often due to staph aureus bacteria that are often resistant to many standard antibiotics (called methicillin resistant staph=MRSA). A common site for MRSA colonization/infection can be the nose (more common ih HIV+ patients and can be spread by skin to skin or skin to object contacts). Need to have the sore looked at and cultured in most cases to determine cause and thus recommend appropriate treatment. KH

HIV symptoms
folliculitis and HIV + patient doing well