Change of pep

Hi Doctor -

I was wondering if changing PEP reduces it effectiveness.I woudl assume it is ideal to remain on the same meds but I developed a rash to Prezista and my MD decided to take me off of it and put me on Combivir and Isentress.When I was taking Prezista, I was also taking Norvir and Truvada.I am extremely anxious and have been reassured many times that my exposure was "insignificant" but I am still worried.What are your thoughts about the change?I suppose at this point it is too late to matter since the change happened last Thrusday.There was no delay in treatment... Thanks.I guess I was just thinking that if the virus is in me (hopefully not!) and the orignal meds were supressing it or reducing its replication, then would switching the meds make the virus not respond as well or not at all perhaps?But do they work in a similar manner so you would expect it be doing the same thing?I guess this all comes from my clear lack of understadning of how medication works. For eace of mind, i think I would have rather lived with the rash but I suppose the allergy could have become worse.Again thank you doctor

Switching an HIV regimen due to side effects (whether in PEP or for known HIV infection) is a common manuver and generally should not significantly impact effectiveness of PEP unless some clear problem for drug interaction standpoint (for protease inhibitor to raltegravir switch should be no problem). KH

going crazy feeling like something is wrong with my body after 2 years of haart!
can i take lipo6 weight loss