I just got a bad rash

I have been on Atripla for 2 years now. Lately I was told I have Glaucoma and was put on Cosopt eye drops. Right after I started taking it, I developed a rash over my under forearms, middle of my chest top of my forehead and lower legs. My ophthalmologist stopped the drops and told me to take benedryl for the rash. its been a couple days and the rash is still there. I had the same thing happen when I started Atripla two years ago. I was prescribed a steroid and it went away. Am I having an allergic reaction the cosopt?

Unusual situation. I am not aware of any drug interaction concern between Cospot and Atripla--rash from efavirenz after 2 years would be unlikely. I am not familiar with rash potential from Cosopt though your story and timing certainly suggest the Cosopt may have triggered that reaction. If any reader has a similar experience or would like to comment please post. KH

blood
Psoriasis and Eczema