Atripla, Gas & Back Pain

I've checked the forums and haven't been able to find an answer to my specific question.

I'm been on Atripla for four years and dose just before bed. I know that it causes gas and bloating and I usually have severe lower back pain in the morning that dissipates within an hour of wake-up. Is it possible the pain is being caused by the nocturnal gas build up?

My doctors over the years have never come to a conclusion about the pain but I've noticed that if I sleep in a certain position that allows for the gas to expand my midsection more easily the pain is minimized or even unnoticeable. If it is possible, is there anything else that can help me get a good night's sleep?

Thanks.

Many patients have gas problems that can be a challenge to deal with. Perhaps more common in HIV+ persons. Gas problems can be due to a very wide range of problems including food intolerances (including lactose, some vetgetables), infecitons (such as H pylori), many drugs (including some HIV meds), and many other causes. Increased gas can sometimes (not common but can occur) be due to tenofovir and less often efavirenz. Pressure from gas is often somewhat positional. KH

Side effect loose motion
Anxiety