Side effects after starting treatment

Hello, I have been on Prezista, Norvir and Truvada for 15 days now and am quite happy with the very mild and manageable side effects I have experienced. My question is simple: Usually, how long after starting meds can one assume and rest assure that no more side effects will appear? I am keeping my fingers crossed for this treatment to be "the one" for a long while as I had to interrupt the very practical Atripla because of a severe skin rash. Thank you for your much appreciated medical guideance. This site is marvellous! Merry Christmas to the entire team! E.

You are off to a good start since much of the trouble from side effects for many regimens (including yours) are seen soon after starting. One of the more troublesome side effects-a serious rash from the daruanvir (Prezista) usually is seen in first several weeks-if you make it to 4 weeks then odds are very good that you should be able to continue the regimen with few new side effects. Some of the metabolic side effects (ie lipids or fat problems) are seen over many months/years so continued monitoring of clinical and blood work status is performed regularly (once doing well follow-up visit frequency can drop to every 3-6 months depending on situation). KH

Atripla & Asthma Inhalers
afraid for TB