Colonoscopy / endoscopy and HIV (2)

Thank you for the response dr Henry. Actually after I sent In my last question I realized it was worded incorrectly. I currently live in a moslem developing country where HIV/aids is very much frowned upon and would take my medical treatment in a developed country nearby where too it is taboo. However if I may ask that question again. Does disclosure of my HIV status mean the doctor undertaking and interpreting the findings of my colonoscopy and endoscopy would look do anything different (be more investigative or sensitive to abnormalities for example) and ditto in the intrepretation of results any differently than they might if I were not HIV positive? I guess it really does not matter what country I am in but I really just wanted to understand implications being HIV +. I am on atripla and have been for 18 months with little side effects as far as I am aware, other than constant Diaharrea. My viral load is untetectable and cd 440. Many thanks. This site is a godsend for me and I appreciate every bit of information where the are no support services for HIV+ people.

The work up as well as possibly the approach to the procedure (according to local standards of care) would possibly be different if your HIV infection were noted by the GI consultant--in most cases it would be to your clinical advantage for the consultant to know of your HIV status (and what meds you are taking) in order to make the best diagnosis/recommendations for you. KH

two positive people
pin sized red spots under skin on ankles