Colonoscopy/ endoscopy and HIV disclosure

For the past 3 to 4 months now I have had continual diahrrea and more recently a bloated discomfort after every meal. The bloating is in the lower section of my stomach, which surprised the doctor I visited today. I have had checks and don't appear to have bacterial or other infects, so the doc has suggested a colonoscopy and endoscopy. Due to complex reasons I need to travel to another country to have these procedures done. My question is do I need to disclose to the doctor who does these procedures my HIv status? Will this knowledge add something to his analysis or of the outcome or really is the HiV irrelevant to any outcomes or findings, or make him look more deeply at certain areas? Thank you.

In general I recommend informing health care staff about HIV status so proper diagnostic tests for you as well as safety precautions (though latter should be uniformly already in practice). If you are taking antiretroviral medications they could be contributing to your GI complaints and your providers need to know that as well. KH

Morning sickness
Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy