Persistent rash, possibly from HIV meds

I have a persistent rash that I call "baboon butt" because of its placement and color that I believe is owning to my HIV meds regimen: Sustiva, Isentress, Reyataz & Norvir. I previously was on Trizivir for 10+ years with no apparent side effects, but after a serious health crisis from breathing mold and subsequent lung infection, my virus became resistant to the class of drugs in Trizivir (AZT, 3TC & abacavir) and I was switched to the new meds. I soon developed patches of rash on my legs that eventually moved to my buttocks, where it has stayed now for almost 3 years. When I raise the question of changing meds to hopefully get rid of the rash, my ID doc says "live with it." Do I have to? It's an unpleasant appearance, tho' not to the general public, and can often be quite itchy. Is it something that could likely be biopsied to find out if any of the meds (most especially Sustiva or Isentress) cause the rash?

Very interesting-I havent seen a targeted rash in the area you described linked to your HIV regimen but wouldnt rule out some sort of reaction. I would recommend an evaluation by a dermatologist to make specific diagnosis (maybe a skin biopsy)-perhaps an alternative diagnosis is possible though a drug reaction could be diagnosed in that matter. KH

Selzentry side effects
arvs side effects