Ok to stop after one dose?

I started Atripla last night and had a difficult night (extreme confusion, almost hallucinations, difficulty waking up and dizziness today). I know it may take time to adjust but I found out today that I need to travel for work on an important project for two weeks. My question is: if I stop after one dose and start again in a few weeks is there a large risk of being resistant to Atripla? I would rather try again when I will be home.

In general I advise not starting HIV meds in situations where travel/life experiences/plans suggest that delaying by weeks/months may be preferable. The risk for resistance to Atripla after 1 dose is low but not zero (I would estimate < 1-5% risk but data is limited on that specific scenario). I would discuss options with your HIV specialist. KH

igA and Hiv -can be controlled?
no sexual urge