Atripla side effects: two weeks and still there.

I started Atripla a bit more than two a week ago and I have just need some advice on how to manage side effects. At first I experienced severe dizziness, only the first day problems sleeping. The dizziness was common in the mornings; I think I had fever once. It is been already 9 days and the dizziness persists. The dizziness switched from a morning problem to a late morning issue that prevails during the afternoon. Things tend to become a lot more tolerable at night, more or less 3 nights before by next doses. When I take my pill I actually sleep like a rock, I have even had been having some trouble waking up. Moreover, a light rash and nausea appeared today. I understand I have to be patient but I was just wondering if there are some hints, light medicine I can take to reduce these symptoms, they are driving me crazy and affecting school and work. Cardio exercise helps sometimes when the dizziness is not severe; showering does as well. Any non-prescriptions, activities, diet, etc., that have been reported to reduce these symptoms would be of great help. Thanks,

The central nervous system side effects of Atripla (usually due to efavirenz)often will persist up to 4 weeks (that is where patience comes in!) after starting and for 5-10% will last longer. For small % (1-3%) may be annoying enough to result in a switch to alternative medications (ie rilpivirine, raltegravir, or boosted protease inhibitor). Avoiding taking with food (particularly fat containing meals) can be helpful since fatty foods increase efavirenz levels and side effects. Some patients switch Atripla dosing to morning in an effort to see how that fits with their schedule. No easy intervention/prescription recommendation regarding how to decrease AM side effects that you are describing. KH

Can HIV or medications cause astigmatism?
Unusual Case