|Please tell the truth.
Dec 7, 2011
newly diagnosed should commit suicide? how long one can live on current medicines? Please dont lie sir.
| Response from Dr. Henry
For patients with access to good medical care and antiretroviral medications the long term prognosis for HIV+ persons is generally quite good-usually measured in decades (important to get tested and start treatment before one gets sick or develop a very low T-helper cell count). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Insertive Oral Sex
- Sharing A Toothbrush How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Sore In Mouth And Negative HIV Test
- Are Blisters A Symptom Of HIV?
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Is Swollen Lymph Glands A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.