Switch from Atripla to Prezista, Norvir and Truvada b/c of rash

Hello Dr. Keith, Just as you suggested in my previous posted question, my doctor has decided to take me off the Atripla (given the extension of the rash and the fact that it is all over my face as well) and put me on a low rash risk combo: Prezista + Norvir + Truvada. I am supposed to start tonight after dinner but as l still don't feel my rash has started to fade I asked the doctor if I could delay it one or two days, to which he said yes but that the switch can be made even with an existing rash. My concern is: the medication information leaflet l read for Prezista mentions a risk of rash!!! I am absolutely terrified of having this rash and starting something that talks about risks of developing rash. What are your thoughts? I have now been off the Atripla and with no meds at all for 3 full days and before that only had 10 days of meds in me altogether. I'm thinking I'm having quite a rough start with these treatments. Sure hope things pick up, it has not been fun so far! Thank you for your time! E

Your concern about Prezista rash in your situation is legitmate-I would consider ritonavir/atazanavir for the boosted PI due to low risk of rash--would discuss your concern with your HIV specialist. KH

Alkaline phosphatasis (AP) still climbing up
Patellar Pain on my left knee and lower abdomen ligament pain