Atripla rash spreading on day 3 - quitting Atripla?

Hello, I have had a rash from Atripla starting on day 8 of treatment. Today, on day 11 the rash rash crawled up my face and I feel it might be best to give up on the Atripla. My doctor was ready to take me off it yesterday, but I wanted to give the antihistamines a chance and get through the darn rash. Well, as we decided, if the rash got worse of spread any further or affected soft tissue areas, I would stop. So I think that tonight will be my first night off the Atripla... Today is Saturday and I won't get a chance to see him until Monday, I worry being off the meds for 48h will hurt my immune syster (CD4 219 at start and VL 5119). This is the first HIV medication I have ever taken. I am dissapointed and scared. My rash doesn't look good and I feel I have a lesser chance at finding a good combination of meds now that I've experienced this toxicity issue with Atripla. When is a rash bad enough that requires stopping HIV meds? What other meds can offer a good perspective for me now that this has happened? Thank you for your kindness and attention.

Atripla rash results (occurs in up to 25% of cases) is severe enough to cause patients to stop taking Atripla in small subset (typically < 2%). Most often efforts are made to treat through the rash (stop for sure if very severe and/or involve mouth, eyes, mucousal surfaces). If I decide to stop Atripla I often switch to regimen with low rash risk (ie ritonavir + atazanavir + Truvada). KH

boils and hiv
Lymph nodes and antiretroviral meds