Rash from Atripla after 8 days of treatment

Hello, After only 8 days on Atripla I developed a rash on my upper legs and torso. Not horribly itchy but a few of the spots are raised and even like miniature blisters. I am worried about this sudden side effect as it didn't appear at all during the first week of treatment. I am away from home and my personal HIV doctor and don't know how to proceed. Should I just plough through this or is there a harmless medication/cream I can use to help reduce the rash. How likely is it that this is a bad allergic reaction, being it started after 8 days of treatment? I won't be back home for another 3 weeks and I'm worried about what this could mean. Thank you very much for your time and kindness. E

Rash from Atripla (usually from the efavirenz) is fairly common (15-25% rate) most commonly around 10 days on treatment. In 1-2% of patients starting efavirenz (Atripla) the rash may be severe enough to result in switching off the efavirenz (that is a low rate compared to drugs in same class). Usually can treat through with topical cortisone and antuhistamines. If very severe (wide spread and involving mouth, eyes, other mucousal surfaces)-would try to call your doctor's office for additional specific advice. KH

side effects of tenofovir
Past TBI & Atripla