atripla and pregnancy

my wife was diagnosed with hiv after being taken into hospital with pneumonia in march this year. her cd4 count was 100 and viral load 273,000 she was put on atripla and had to return to africa due to immigration irregularities. I went to try to sort immigration unsuccessfully with the embassy in august and now we find that she is 3+ months pregnant. I have been tested 3 times and each time clear but her medical treatment is a bit rudimentary - she was put on atripla and takes one tablet daily - is this safe and what are the risks to the baby of being born with hiv

Atripla is a good option for treatment of HIV infection with high success rates at achieveing undetectable levels of HIV virus in blood (thus low risk for transmission to a baby). Unfortunately, there is a real concern that the rate of fetal development problems may be higher due to the efavirenz in the Atripla (though most babies would still be OK) so if pregnancy is expected or occurs most often would switch the Atripla to an alternative regimen (if available) such as nevirapine and a boosted protease inhibitor plus Truvada or AZT/3TC during the pregnancy). KH

Artipla and Valtrex
side effects of tenofovir