|Gas bubble will not go away.
Nov 23, 2011
I've had what I think (or hope) is a gas bubble in my stomach. When I gently push on my stomach it feels like I'm being punched. I hurts when I bend over, twist, or try to turn in bed. I haven't slept much for two nights because the pain keeps me awake. I'm on Truvada, Prezista, and Norvir. Is this issue normal? Thanks
| Response from Dr. Henry
Your HIV regimen can cause upper stomach upset/gas (some medications can help symptoms if that turns out to be the case for you) but many other conditions can also contribute--your symptoms are not normal so warrant an evaluation for possible gastric reflux, H pylori disease, ulcer disease, gall bladder dysfunction, or for other possibilities. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Night Sweats After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Biting Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Touching Rectum Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Broken Condom Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.