|Gastric bypass patient now requires HIV therapy
Nov 9, 2011
A friend has has Gastric bypass surgery prior to HIV diagnosis. Now having to go on therapy but worried about therapies available or not working. Have yo any views as to appropriate therapy.
Response from Dr. Henry
We have had patients undergo gastric bypass surgery in setting of treated HIV infection. We review the meds the patient is taking and monitor HIV markers after bypass operation (in some cases measure blood levels of meds and adjust doses or even change meds if problem is identified). In some cases have been able to continue same regime after the bypass. KH
hiv liquid meds
treatment and normalize inmune system
- Chills After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Bruise And Cut On Testicles And Hiv Transmission
- Can Hiv Be Transmitted Through Clothing?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.