PEP treatment with Atripla, hives won't go away

Hello and thank you for your help in advance. A little over a month ago I was exposed to HIV and Imeadiatly began the PEP treatment with Atripla for 30 days. The last week of treatment I began noticing hives with the epicenter being on my rear end. Within days it had spread to my thighs, legs, wrists, and to my horror, my genitals. Since I only had about 4 days left on the treatment I decided to stick it out and talk to my doctor at my appointment. Meanwhile I had been trying to relieve the severely uncomfortable symptoms with a plethora of things including hydrocortisone cream, calomine lotion, heavy duty lotion, and aloe Vera. The only things that worked in relieving the pain and itching has been ice packs and extremely cold showers. At the doctors appointment I explained to him what was happening and he said that it should go away within at the latest a week but prescribed me a course of Methylprednisolone it has now been more than ten days and the hives are still at full force with no relief in sight. The doctor performed a whole bunch of STD tests so I think those things are ruled out. These hives have been getting to the point of Interupting work and my sleep so I would apriciate any and all help so I can finally get a good nights sleep and take a nice hot shower! ~Thank you, CD

Delayed (starting after 3 weeks) and then persistent (continuing well after stopping) hives from Atripla is quite uncommon so consideration of other cause (other drug/chemical exposure, high stress/anxiety for some reason) needs to be considered. Sometime use of antihistamines (both H1 and H2 blockers) may help some patients with unusual hives. If stress contributing in some way then short term use of anti-stress meds may help some. KH

My inner core (trunk area of my body) on fire
Eosinaphillic Gasteroenteritis and Cortisone treatment?