My inner core (trunk area of my body) on fire

I am a long term survivior of the AIDS virus. I have had the HIV virus for 16yrs now. 13yrs w/AIDS. I am currently taking the combination of Isentress/Epzicom/Viread. My doctor has informed me that I will have to wait to switch to the newer 1 a day regime after the new year.

Last Aug. 2, 2010 I suffered CHF (congestive heart failure) due to my high level of pain meds interferring with my Long QT Interval of my heart and I coded for about 3-5 minutes. About 15 of medications had to be changed due to the possible interaction with my heart issue that took place.

I am currently experience a very uncomfortable feeling of a extremely internal heat within the trunk area of my body. From my waist to my neck area. It feels like internally it is on fire with alot of interal heat of feeling very, very hot. My arms, hands and legs are usually pretty cold. I often I have chills.

My viral load has been undectable for well over 2yrs now. My recent T-Cell count was approx. 678 or 648 I do not recall exactly but I know that it was above 640.

These sensations are very, very, very uncomfortable. I can not stress that enough thru my words here on this site. I have fantastic care here @ Kaiser Hospital, Hayward, Ca. with my doctor, Dr. Daniel Klein who is the Chief of Infectious Diseases here. I have been his patient for almost 10yrs now. He is just as frustrated as I am trying to figure out what is taking place with this very weird internal heat that is highly uncomfortable. It has been waking me up at night since I am so hot I throw of my blanket but the rest of my body is very cold. I can not get comfortable at times which in turn affects my sleep patterns so I do not get enough REM sleep.

All of my blood work comes back within the normal range. No infections and/or Cancerous cells shown.

Since my CHF of last Aug.2010 I lost 25-30lbs that I am still struggle to try to regain.

I pray and hope that one of the forum experts will have the knowledge inwhich I can share with my doctor so that I no longer have to endure this 'burning hell from within' so to speak. It feels like I have a nuclear reactor within the trunk area of my body and it will not shut down.

If no one here is available to assist me would YOU PLEASE advise me where I may go to find some relief from this extreme highly uncomfortable internal heat that I am experiencing ? It has been going for about 2-3 months.

At first it was very spordaic but now it is constent everyday. I am trying to remain strong since I have endure other issues with having AIDS but this one is slowly wearing me down I hate to admit.

Even if there is no cure for this I would greatly appreciate WHY it is taking place. At least that would allow some closure to obtain further understanding why these very strange, weird sensations are taking place at all.

I appreciate your time and effort to answer my enquiry.

Peace be with you. Love in Christ,

Mr. Steven Wilson

tough situation-hard to contribute much in forum such as this . Medical problems such as thyroid or cortisol disorders may be worth checking for if not done already. It is possible that you may have some form of autonomic neuropathy so treatments focusing on that may be considered. KH

discordant couple having timed intercourse
PEP treatment with Atripla, hives won't go away