Hiv and thalassemia trait

I was diagnosed this last January with HIV, my cd4 count was 220 with a viral load of 39000. I started to take Atripla about 4 months ago. Since than my cd4 count fell to 188 and a viral load of 90. The last blood test my hemoglobin was 11.6 before I started taking my hiv meds my blood test were unremarkable for the most part. I have noticed a decrease in my energy level and I am tired all the time. I was told growing up and having Thalassemia by trait that I should not take any iron supplements. Is this anything to worry about, I go back to the doctor in a week and a half to see my latest results. I was also wondering if there is any foods I could eat that would give me a good boot of engery

A am unable of any link between use of Atripla and worsening of thalessemia. Anemia can be seen with HIV infection that can perhaps exacerbate anemia from thalessemia-should show up with standard hematologic safety monitoring lab tests. Very much worth discussing with your HIV doc.KH

loss of eye brows & lashes
Food reactions