|loss of eye brows & lashes
Oct 19, 2011
I have been diagnosed in march 2010. I have lost all my eye brows and my eye lashes. I have started to take atripla last week. will my eye brows grow back now that I am on treatment?
| Response from Dr. Henry
I have observed that phenomenon in several patients. HIV infection can occasionally result in loss of eye brow hair. Other conditions can be involved (ie hormone disorders, other medications, auto immune disorders, other infections including syphilis/fungal infections) so a thorough clinical assessment is recommended. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- Can You Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Hairy Tongue After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Psoriasis After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.