Rash again even after switching meds

Hi doc. My ID switched me to Norvir/Prezista/Truvada after having liver inflammation and rash (6 weeks) from my first medication Atripla. Was so happy, rash vanished only after 3 days off Atripla but on the 12th day on the new combo, rash started to come out again. Called my ID nurse and informed her about it and to my surprise, she sounded irritated about my news. She couldn't believe this is caused by HIV pills. She asked me if I changed my bath/laundry soap or maybe ate something that I'm allergic to. Which I didn't. She even suggested that I see a dermatologist. She said I'll inform the doctor about this and we'll call you don't call us. She was so unsympathetic. This is so depressing. I know the rash is due to the new combo and not of something else. What is your opinion doc? Thanks.

You many have skin/rash flare-up from immune reconstitution which usually will decrease over weeks. Another possibility is a daruanvir rash (Prezista) that is sometimes related to sulfa sensitivity and can occasionally get very severe so needs careful monitoring (looking for mouth, eye and other mucousal surface involvement). If the latter occurs need to be seen immediately and consider stopping the Prezista.Standard Prezista rashes seen in first 1-2 weeks will usually clear over first month. Occasionally a patient may have a rash from the Truvada and if that seems possible and persistent may need to split out components and assess carefully with substitutions. KH

Test results, Atripla, undetectable but low cd 4
Atripla and food