Kaletra side effects

I took Kivexa with Viramune since 2007 until a few weeks ago, with good response to the treatment.But Viramune is no longer available, so my dr had to change my therapy.I took Kivexa and Kaletra for 2 days but I had really bad side effects, nausea,dizzines, bad taste in my mouth and vomiting.So I couldn't take them anymore.Kaletra pills I took them twice a day, 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening.What should I do next considerating that I can't take Kaletra? Thank you very much for your time!

Treatment options depends on your entire clinical history, resistance (HIV viral resistance to drugs) and HIV treatment history, and which drugs are available to you. If you have no history of evidence of drug resistance (ie to NNRTI class that nevirapine belongs to) then efavirenz or rilpivirine (or even etravirine) might be an option depending on availability. Ritonavir boosted atazanavir or darunavir is often better tolerated than Kaletra if decision is made to stay with a protease inhibitor based regimen. Again, if no drug resistance the integrase inhibitor raltegravir might be an option to take with Kivexa or Truvada. KH

Interactions of Zolpidem w/ Ritonavir
kaletra & truvada side-effect.