Stomach and Intestine friendly HIV Meds

I was diagnosed with HIV in 1991 and started HIV Medications in 1997. In the last year, I've only been on Medications for three out of the last ten months due to an undiagnosed chronic stomach and intestinal bloating disorder that the meds only make worse. The problem with the bloating is that it pushes against an old hernia scar and down between my legs causing extreme pain in the scarline, groin area, and between my legs. Are you aware of any HIV Medications that are relatively easy on the stomach and intestine's.

Which possibly GI friendly meds might work for you depends alot on your entire HIV treatment history (focusing on presence of drug resistant virus), medical history, concomitant medications, and other individualized data so difficult to make any generalizations. Some of the newer meds (ie raltegravir or rilpivirine or etravirine ) as well as drugs like nevirapine, efavirenz, and miraviroc often have few if any GI side effects. For background NRTIs, Truvada or Epzicome usually are well tolerated (whereas as ritonavir boosted protease inhibitors more often have some gut side effects). Many of the aforementioned drugs are not appropriate if there is history of drug resistance. Many GI problems (such as lactose deficiency, gluten sensitivity, H pylori and many others) can contribute to gut symptoms so sorting out can be a real challenge. KH

Red sore on scalp
Hiv meds damage